Sea-Doo Part Catalogs
BRP Part Catalogs

American Watercraft Association

International Jet Sports Boating Association

Personal Watercraft Industry Association

Thursday, July 24, 2014  

Author:   Topic: 2004 GTX 4-Tec Limited not running right
 idoodou posted: 7/7/2008 11:20:44 PM   

had running problemswith my 2004 gtx n/a thought it might be the gas also no error codes at first than check eng would come up but when i removed the key then restarted the engine it would run fine but then act up again finelly caught the error code by hitting the stop button then the set 5 times got a po-123 witch is the thottle postion sensor out of range hope this helps i thought it was fuel also becuse no error code or check eng display this didnt show up till later once sensor was changed it ran like new again

wolft3 posted: 7/7/2008 10:55:49 PM   

Had a problem kind of like yours over the weekend. I just ran all of the gas out from last summer and the Seadoo started to run great.

etrain27 posted: 7/7/2008 9:43:38 PM   

Thanks Jon. My guess is that its a clogged injector - but I honestly have no idea. I can still get the machine up to a decent speed, but it runs very rough, and it feels like it is hesitating quite a bit. I dont know how to fix (I am the furthest thing from a mechanic), and the dealer is backed up with a two-three week wait. Trying to figure out if there is an easy fix....as I dont want to lose the summer with the doo in the shop. thx.

Itsdooable posted: 7/7/2008 8:40:05 PM   

Are you SURE the supercharger is OK?
Maybe a stuck fuel injector?

Jon

etrain27 posted: 7/7/2008 7:41:58 PM   

I have a 2004 GTX 4-tec limited with 56 hours on it. I just put a brand new battery in, and put a 1/2 tank of 93 octane gas in it. The machine had about 1/2 tank of gas in it from last season (which had stabilizer in it from when the dealer winterized and fully serviced the machine at the end of last season).

The machine is running extremely rough, wont accelerate properly, and had more of a gas smell than usual. The machine will run, but you can tell something isnt right. I figured riding it for a while would burn off the bad gas and all would be well, but so far - it hasnt been successful. Any suggestions? I was going to try Seafoam in the tank, but wasnt sure if thats the answer. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply to Thread
Topic: 2004 GTX 4-Tec Limited not running right
Subject:
User Name:  You have not logged in. You will need to type your user information here.
Password: 
Enter message below (press return after each line)

want to advertise on the largest seadoo enthusiast site on the web?.. click here

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 SEA-DOO.net All Rights Reserved

Sea-doo.net is not affiliated with BRP Inc. This is a user supported information and support site for the Sea-Doo Watercraft & Sport Boats products.

SEA-DOO®, SKI-DOO®, ROTAX®, CELEBRITY® are registered
trademarks of Bombardier Inc. and/or its affiliates. GTX is a
trademark of Castrol Limited, used under license.
© 1998 Bombardier Inc. *Trademarks and ® Registered 
Trademarks of Bombardier in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office 
and in other countries. All rights reserved.
All posts and emails to Sea-Doo.net become the property of Sea-Doo.net.
Sea-Doo.net is not responsible for inaccurate opinions and advise posted to Sea-Doo.net.